Dear Heritage parents and guardians,
Welcome to HERITAGE High School!
We are glad to have you join this great community and look forward to meeting you personally in the days to come!
There are many exciting events that happen throughout the year. This page is designed to give you some beginning information about our school’s activities and events, and the many opportunities to get involved at whatever level you would like. Please use it as a resource tool and contact us with any questions! For a more comprehensive resource, please look at The ABCs of HHS under the Resources Tab on the PTO website.
Your Heritage PTO
A word about “In the Know”… If you want to know what is going on at Heritage, you need to be In the Know!! This weekly email blast contains student announcements (such as due dates and upcoming activities), PTO volunteer opportunities, and the weekly Eagle Events calendar. Parents/guardians who have a current email listed in Infinite Campus will receive this publication via email every Monday morning. It is also posted in the “For Parents” section of the Heritage website. To receive the weekly “In the Know” email, parents/guardians need to make sure their email address is correct in the Parent Portal of Infinite Campus. Go to your campus portal account, click on “contact preferences” on the left and be sure you have your correct email listed with the “general” box checked. Need help? Give the school office a call and they will gladly walk you through the process.
Your PTO understands how challenging it can be to be a new parent/family coming into Heritage because just a short time ago we, too, were newcomers! We would like to help make you feel more comfortable and welcome at the school. And if you are an existing family and would like to become more involved in our school activities, we would love for you to get involved and volunteer!
If you want to find out what programs there are to volunteer for, or just need a friendly voice for some guidance, please contact any of the following people who are more than glad to help you:
PTO President, Louanna Barrett, (720) 288-9505 or firstname.lastname@example.org
PTO Volunteers-in-Public-Schools (VIPS) coordinator: Cyndia Zwahlen, (303) 506-6909, email@example.com
AfterProm Party Committee: Betsy Rosenthal, firstname.lastname@example.org
The PTO meetings are scheduled throughout the school year, generally in the morning on the third Wednesday of the month, and everyone is invited and welcome.
Your VIPS coordinators are here to assist you in finding the “right” place for you to volunteer. Please feel free to contact them any time. You can volunteer as much or as little time as works for you and your family. There are also many things you can do at home to help out, even if your work schedule keeps you from being able to come to the school. Volunteer opportunities range from bringing food or drink items to the school to chairing an event and organizing volunteers. Any and all help is very much appreciated.
AfterProm is an on campus party held after the Prom available to Juniors, Seniors and their dates. Completely organized by the PTO, each booster club helps decorate the school, and the PTO provides food and entertainment in a safe environment. Volunteer opportunities abound, from a few hours of decorating to organizing entertainment.
We’re looking forward to another great year serving and supporting our teachers, administrators and most importantly, our children!
“Together we make a difference.”
SCHOOL ACTIVITIES SUPPORTED BY PTO VOLUNTEERS
- After Prom!!
- Post Grad Center
- Treat team for Teacher Appreciation week and dinner
- Copy Room
- TCAP/Cramfest help or coordinate
- Graduation Reception help or coordinate
- School Dances
- Data Entry
- Senior Scram
- HAC Liaison (Accountability Committee)
- LPS Foundation Dinner Basket creator
- LPS Scholarship Committee Rep
- PTO President, Treasurer, Secretary
- VIPS (Volunteer) Coordinator
- Treat team coordinator
SCHOOL SUPPORT ELSEWHERE
Booster Clubs, Patrons of Fine Arts, and the Patrons of Academic Excellence are all great ways to support your student.
SPECIAL EVENTS AT HERITAGE
- Western Welcome Week Parade has many school organizations marching in it.
- Freshman Orientation (ID photos taken then) is in August.
- Welcome Back Dance has a dress code, need IDs, students often wear funny costumes. Parents can help chaperone through PTO.
- Freshman Pancake Breakfast is at the start of school; run by LINK.
- Student of the Month is an academic recognition program. Teachers representing the nine curricular departments select students, usually one from each grade level. There is a parent/student reception.
- Liberty Bell is the name of the large Fall and Spring sporting events hosted by Heritage. *Please be aware of parking restrictions on the Fall date.
- Homecoming Week. Besides the sports, there is a chili cook-off, powder puff football game, bonfire, parade, battle of the classes pep assembly, and dance!
- Mall Daze is a two-day fundraising sale in the Fall and Spring where the school clubs and teams sell food and spirit wear. Parents are welcome to come support the organizations participating.
- Parent Teacher Conferences are early in the Fall and Spring. Five minutes with each teacher is enough to see where your student stands, but please make a special appointment if you need more time. PTO prepares dinner for the teachers.
- Hullabaloo is the Fall school talent show.
- Showcase is for eighth grade students and parents to find out about programs, classes, and activities. Presentations are available on the school website.
- Freshman Cramfest is a student tutoring event before Fall exams, with PTO provided snacks.
- EXPLORE Test is a practice ACT test for ninth grade students. PTO helps collect registration fee and attach labels on result envelopes.
More questions? Contact us anytime.